Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mount Louis

Hi everyone!  We made it back safe and sound from Alberta and had a great time climbing mount Louis and cragging on Lake Louise lake.  The climb on Mount Louis was super cool and took us to one of the most spectacular summits I have been to.  All in all the climb and hike took us about 15 hours car-to-car and left us exhausted.
The SCD food I packed kept me energized and full.  Kale brought an entire block of pepper-jack cheese along the climb as well as carrots and fresh peas.  I had beef jerky stuffed in all of my pockets for easy snacking and a few homemade energy bars, along with a hard boiled egg.  For dinners I ended up making a vegetable quiche (see recipe below) before I left home and wrapping it in the burrito wraps I had made.  Super yum!

Vegetable quiche:
half an onion chopped
half can olives sliced
large handful of fresh spinach or beet greens
1 small can diced chilies
half cup diced mushrooms
1 cup diced cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup scd yogurt
salt & pepper to taste
paprika sprinkle on top
Method:
Add all ingredients as listed to a medium sized baking dish (with high sides).  Add the eggs, yogurt, and salt/pepper.  Beat/mix well to incorporate into mixture.  Sprinkle top with paprika.  Place in 350 degree oven for 40-60 minutes until middle is firmed up and eggs are no longer runny.
Enjoy!  ( I now placed my quiche in a large Tupperware and put it into my cooler for the trip.  It lasted me two dinners, which was great because I didn't have to cook after a long day of climbing.)

Take care,
Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment